Thursday, April 15, 2010

trying to eat well....still


Golden Mushroom Pork Chops


Brown Pork Chops in small amount of olive oil. Remove chops and saute a handful of sliced mushrooms in the same pan.
Deglaze the pan with a little water and then replace the chops into pan.
Top with healthy request Golden Mushroom soup and sprinkle with a little onion soup mix.
Cover and cook over medium heat until completely cooked, about 40 minutes depending on the thickness of the pork chops.

Serve over brown rice, or yokeless egg noodles.

**I just found the yoke-less egg noodles and they were so yummy with the pork chops! Enjoy!
This recipe is from my Grandma. So yummy!

Portobello "Burgers"

Portobello Mushroom Caps, marinated in fat free italian dressing
Grill on BBQ
build burgers however you like, lettuce, tomato, low fat cheese, etc...
Put on Whole Wheat hamburger bun.

** Oh my word, SO yummy!! SO SO SO yummy!! Serve with the following...

Sweet Potato Steak Fries

2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into steak fry sized pieces
1 1/2 Tbls. freshly minced garlic
2 tsp. extra virgin Olive Oil
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450*
In large bowl toss the sweet potates with the garlic, olive oil, and salt. Arrange in single layer, not touching, on a large non-stick baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes, Turn fries and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
(or until tender)

** ridiculously good!



2 comments:

Cecily R said...

These have FANCY ingredients...I don't know if I can handle that. :)

Jon would love me if I made him the sweet potato fries. I mean LOVE.

Kami said...

Thanks Kate!