FiSh TaCos
8 taco-sized (5 1/2") White Corn Tortillas
1 lb. Alaskan Pollack (I used tilapia)
2 Tbls Salt-Free Mexican Seasoning, such as Mrs. Dash southwest.
(I actually used a spicy rub that Scott makes)
Salt to taste
Olive Oil Spray
2 Cups, slightly drained Coleslaw with Orange Cilantro vinaigrette (I'll post that at bottom)
1/2 Cup fresh pico de gallo or fresh salsa
Season fish evenly with seasoning and salt.
Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, lightly mist with the olive oil spray. Cook fish in single layers in skillet. Turning occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily in center and is lightly browned.
Remove fish, place tortilla in skillet to warm and crisp a little. Build tacos with fish, and orange cole slaw & salsa.
** I got this recipe from the Biggest Loser family cookbook. I changed a few things to suit us & it was insanely tasty! The book said to just warm the tortillas under a damp paper towel in the microwave, but they were so much better warmed in the skillet. It also said to use the salt-free mexican seasoning, we used our own spicy concoction. And, I had tilapia in the freezer so I used that instead of Monk Fish. You'd never even think that it was "good for you" food.
Coleslaw with Orange Vinaigrette
1/4 Cup fat-free plain yogurt
1/4 Cup light mayo
1/4 Cup 100% orange juice
3 Tbls. white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. honey
7 Cups Green Cabbage, shredded
1 Cup Carrots, shredded
1/2 Cup Red Onion, slivered
1/3 Cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
In large resealable plastic container, whisk together the yogurt, mayo, juice, vinegar, and honey. Add cabbage, carrots, onion, and cilantro and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
**I actually just bought a package of coleslaw and added the dressing. SO yummy! Use to top on Fish Tacos! Enjoy!
According to the cookbook, the Tacos with the orange coleslaw only have 281 calories per serving. (which is actually 2 tacos) Fabulous, we loved it. My kids weren't so excited about them. We actually told them that is was chicken, the younger three ate them no problem only Savannah was picky and knew it wasn't chicken. Why they won't eat it when they know it's fish is beyond me, stinkin' kids.
Enjoy your healthy Taco Night!
5 comments:
That really sounds yummy! Thanks, I am going to try that asap!
It was so yummy!! ;)
I bought some tilapia to try these! Can't wait...
I made these taco's last weekend... Yumm... I also have the Biggest Looser cookbook... guess I should bust it out!!
I've always been scared of fish tacos! I think I will break down and give these a try though.
Post a Comment