1 TBS Vegetable Oil...or less
1/4 Cup finely chopped onion
1/4 Cup finely chopped celery
3/4 Crushed Saltine crackers (I use whole wheat)
1 TBS Dijon Mustard
1/4 tsp Black pepper
2 cans Salmon 7.5 oz each (I grill fresh or frozen 1-2 lbs. adjust recipe accordingly)
1 large egg lightly beaten
Sauté onion and celery in oil (I use less oil) for 4 min.
Mix onion mixture 1/2 cup crackers, mustard, pepper, salmon and egg.
Divide into patties and coat each w/ crushed crackers.
Chill for 20 min.
Cook for 5 min. on each side in hot frying pan sprayed w/ pam.
Dressing:
6 tbs mayo
2 tsp capers
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
When I don't have the stuff for the dressing
I just use mayo, relish, pepper, lemon juice and
a little lemon rind to taste. It's yummy. I just don't
keep capers on hand.
So yummy...my kid's LOVE them!
2 comments:
Oh my word,those are better for you than I would have thought! Holy cow, love them Kim! thanks for posting!
I made these the other night! Loved them, I was afraid I wouldn't do it right :) My kids weren't really fans, but what do they like? I also took some down to Carol, and she's asking for the recipe. Big Hit, thanks for the recipe Kim!!
Post a Comment