Monday, March 9, 2009

Eggplant Parmigiana

1 Small Eggplant (12 oz.)
1 Egg, slightly beaten
1 Tbls. water
1/2 Cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
2 Tbls. Cooking Oil
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 Cup meatless Spaghetti Sauce
3/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
~
~
1. Wash and peel eggplant; cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Combine egg and water; dip
eggplant slices into egg mixture, then into bread crumbs, turning to coat both sides.
In a large skillet cook eggplant, half at a time, in hot oil for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden, turning onece. (If necessary, add more oil.) Drain on paper towels.
~
2. Place eggplant slices in a single layer in an ungreased 9x13 in pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top with spaghetti sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 10 to 12 minutes.
(getting nice and golden)
~this is a new favorite at our house. Eggplant was on sale, so I thought I'd try this out. It was nice and yummy! You can also just dip the eggplant in flour, but I thought the breadcrumbs would taste better.


3 comments:

Kami said...

I've always been a little afraid of eggplant, but that looks really good!

Laurel said...

Yum! That looks wonderful Kati!

KATE said...

It was SO good!!