Wednesday, July 30, 2008

FAVORITE CHIMICHANGAS!!

Beef Chimi's
Cheap Roast in crock pot on low for 6 hours (sprinkle with taco seasoning), until it shreds easily. Shred with fork and dump in some salsa. Mix up!

Put shredded beef down tortilla, top with shredded cheese. Roll up & secure with a toothpick.
Put in hot oil. Fry it up real nice & healthy!
YUM!!

Freshly fried homemade shredded beef Chimichangas!

**This is just a by the way... This is my favorite store bought salsa! it's yummy and goes great in the shredded beef too!

YUMM ~ Enjoy!!

13 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

YUMMO! At our ghetto Walmart you can get a big can of Heredez salsa way cheap! Same stuff, great price.

KATE said...

Rock on! I love that! It really is my favorite canned salsa! Right on, there is nothin' better than a ghetto Walmart!

SuperCoolMom said...

My friends make a fabulous dip with it - just soften a cube of cream cheese then pour the salsa over it and mix it up! Looks gross, tastes fabulous! For a party, it's almost better to just serve the cube solid floating in a pool of salsa - it looks prettier.

crystal said...

yum yum yum yum yum yum!!!!

When am I invited over for dinner???

Or lunch???

crystal said...

I'm not above inviting myself.

crystal said...

I'm not above just showing up.

crystal said...

Like a stalker.

crystal said...

I've been outta commission (pregnant, then baby, then exhausted)....and now I have cabin fever.

crystal said...

Please call.

crystal said...

Or just show up.

KATE said...

Crystal~ DONE!

Chalice said...

Do you just cook the roast by itself or do you have to add some sort of liquid? Looks yummy, I'm going to have to try it!

KATE said...

Chalice~ I usually just let it cook for a while by itself with just some taco seasoning sprinkled over it. I add really runny salsa. Anykind will do that is very watery. i.e. pace or herdez. It helps keep it moist, and then I add more when I shred it! enjoy!