Chicken Florentine Lasagna
3 Cups Ricotta Cheese
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
2 Eggs
1 Tbls. Garlic, minced
2 Cup Cooked Spinach, chopped
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
salt & pepper to taste
4 Chicken Breasts, cooked & cubed
2 Cups Fresh Tomato, chopped
1/2 Cup Green Onion, chopped
1 lb. Smoked Gouda Cheese, sliced
1 1/2 Cups half & half
12 Lasagna noodles, cooked
Cook Lasagna noodles as directed on package, set aside. Combine first six ingredients. Add salt & pepper to taste. Lightly oil a 9/13 & pour in 1/2 Cup half & half. Layer ingredients in the following order: 3 noodles, 1/3 Ricotta mixture, 1/2 Tomatoes, 1/2 onions, 1/4 Gouda, 3 noodles, 1/3 Ricotta, Chicken, 1/4 Gouda, 3 noodles, rest of Ricotta, rest of the Tomatoes, rest of Onions, 1/4 of Gouda. Top with 3 noodles. Pour 1 Cup half & half over the noodles. Cover with lightly oiled foil & bake 30 minutes. Uncover & top with remaining Gouda. Bake 10 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
**it's a little more complex than regular lasagna, but so so good! Fun to make for comany! Scott's Aunt Sandi put it in the Alger Family Cookbook. I made it for some people from Scott's work & they all thought I was amazing! Which you know I loved!! Enjoy!!
2 comments:
This sounds like one my Hubby will like, he tries to sneak spinach into things when nobody's looking. I call him Popeye whenever he does this- so sneeky!
I LOVE this recipe. It is more labor intensive, but honestly so worth it! I make it for company! Yum!!
Post a Comment