Monday, November 9, 2009

Baked Potato Soup


4 large baked potatoes
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup flour
6 cups milk, whole or 2% (I actually use 1% and it's fine.)
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 green onions
12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream (8 0z.)

Cut potatoes in half. Scoop out pulp and put into small bowl.

Melt butter in large pot. Add flour. Gradually stir in milk. Continue to stir until smooth, thickened and bubbly.

Stir in potato pulp, salt, pepper, and three-quarters of the onions, bacon, and cheese. Cook until heated. Stir in sour cream.

Can transfer to slow cooker and set on Low. When serving top w/ remaining bacon, onions and cheese.

Yummy...I don't make it too often because it's a little artery-clogging! So good served in bread bowls because it is such a thick soup. Sometimes I just put all of the onions, bacon and cheese in the soup and we don't bother w/ the toppings.

1 comment:

KATE said...

Thanks so much for posting this Kim. I love it, and I'm so glad to have the recipe! :)