Okay, we are going to try this new blog! I hope you all enjoy! I would LOVE to get your comments after you have tried the recipe. I think this is going tobe great! I'm going to post 2 things that I've made this week. One is ridiculously easy & one is VERY kid friendly! Hope you enjoy;
EASY EASY EASY!!:
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Kate Alger
1 1/2 to 2 lb. Boneless Pork Roast
1 Big bottle of KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce
Trim Pork Roast as desired. Plop it in Crock Pot, slow cooker. Pour BBQ Sauce over top, just to cover top of roast. Set it on Low. A few hours into it, I dump out the juice in the bottom & put pork back in slow cooker, with more BBQ sauce. It's done when you can put a fork in a twist & it shreds easily. When you shred it all, it sucks up the sauce. Add sauce according to how saucy you like it. Put in on your favorite rolls for Sands. Done!!
**Okay seriously, so easy!! My husband has informed me that even a monkey can do it. I thought that was rude, but it is VERY easy. We make this on Sundays for GAME DAY now that football has started again. Really I've made it a few times when company is coming over & they usually think I've ordered take out from Rib City!! (I love that!!) Anyhow so easy & a HUGE hit with the husbands on Game Day!! I just serve like a BBQ, with chips, store bought salad (potato or maccaroni) & it couldn't be easier & fairly inexpensive. It also makes great leftovers!!
KID FRIENDLY!!:
Chicken Pie Deluxe
Kate Alger
1 Package stuffing croutons (about 5 cups) (Mrs. Cubbisons stuffing works great)
1 Cup margarine, melted
1 Cup milk
2 Cans Cream of Celery soup
2 Cups cooked chicken, cubed
2 Cups frozen peas, thawed
2 Tbls. minced onion
1/4 tsp. pepper
Mix the stuffing with melted margarine. Put half of stuffing on bottom of 9x13 inch casserole dish. Mix all other ingredients & pour over top of stuffing. Add remainder of stuffing. Bake @ 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until browned & bubbly.
**I got this one from my mother in law. It's good old fashioned church lady casserole with of course a cream of something soup in it. But, it's very yummy & my kids love it! Not to mention my husband does too!! I have used just onion powder instead of the minced onion, it's just fine. I also tend to throw a little garlic salt or powder in it too. My husband puts a little tobasco on it when it's done also. This is a huge hit & the kids eat the peas & don't even realize it! We love it!!
I hope you all enjoy these! I can't wait to get your ideas too!!
email me at katealger125@earthlink.net Put the name you want me to post with your recipe.
Thanks!! - Kate
3 comments:
These sound delicious! I promise to let you know if I try them. I'm working on an email to you now of a couple of recipes I use regularly.
Keep up the good work!
Thnx Andrea - I can't wait to get your recipes!!
-Kate
I just wanted to let people know that Cecily told me that she made the pulled pork for her husband & he loved it! She made it for a football day, & the guys loved it!
Thanks for all your input guys
- Kate
Post a Comment